"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Echoes

Here are my honest, "gut" thoughts on this Thursday morning. Sometimes I feel like I am writing out into a cyberspace void. In other words, I don't know if what I am saying is being heard. When I mentioned that to my dear friend in Texas (one of the Sandra Sisters, by the way, who is a gifted writer), she said that it was normal to need "echoes" so that we know that another human has heard what we are saying. So, I am asking for echoes. That does not mean that I am asking you to say, "Oh, that was great." I just need to know that someone is out there, and that what I am saying is being heard. I want to gain from your insight and experience. If you see the world in a different way, I want you to say so. Comments and feedback will also help me as I evaluate, at the four week point, if this is something that I feel prompted to continue. I committed to blogging for four weeks, and I am finding it to be a very therapeutic outlet for me. But, my hope has been that this "public journaling" would be a blessing and an encouragement to someone along the way. Thanks for hearing my heart on this morning.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you Jill, and I'm big enough for 3 echoes! I think, throughout the day, of things I read on your blog and always smile.

    ReplyDelete