"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, April 23, 2010

Living the Journey

On this Friday morning, I am reading again in Steven James' book entitled A Heart Exposed...Talking to God with Nothing to Hide. Here is a prayer that is speaking to my heart:

"To the One Who came to free prisoners.

You dance on the breeze in the evening light,
You leap on the curl of a wave, crashing white.
You twirl on a star on the darkest night,
calling, 'Live the journey! Live!'

You seek out the path of the summer rain,
You gleam in the sunlight
and bound through the grain.
You shout through the storm and I hear the refrain,
'Live the journey! Live!'

You ride on the clouds as they streak through the sky,
You soar with the eagle, and gleam in her eye.
You call from the peak and the mountains reply,
'Live the journey! Live'

You brave all the rapids and paddle upstream,
Embracing the world's most impossible dream.
You whisper and shout, and sometimes You scream,
'Live the journey! Live'

You stand with Your face to the salt and the spray,
You run in the race in the heat of the day;
You invite us to die and be born a new way;
To live the journey.
To live."

Jill's prayer: Lord, You came that I might have life, and have it more abundantly. Thank you for showing me that my journey here is not over. I pray that I will never take life for granted. In Your time, reveal the plans that You have for the next phase of my journey through this life. And, help me to live the journey. To live.


No comments:

Post a Comment