"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Health Update

Since there are folks who are keeping up with my health updates on this blog, here is the latest:

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, April 20. The surgeon plans to do a lumpectomy. He will also make an additional incision under my arm for the purpose of removing several key lymph nodes which will be tested while I am still under anesthesia. If the nodes are not clear (of cancer), the surgeon will remove all of the lymph nodes from under my left arm and will insert a couple of drains. I pray that the lymph nodes will be cancer-free.

The surgeon said that I will need to have radiation for a time after the surgery. But, I will know more details about that later.

One step at a time.




2 comments:

  1. Hello Jill,

    Just a quick note to let you know that I have been thinking about you a lot! I pray things go well on Tuesday and that you have a speedy recovery!

    Lots of Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, my thoughts and prayers are with you today especially, and the last few months. I know you will overcome this milestone with flying colors and will one day know the reason for it. You have many wonderful friends who love you dearly and would welcome a request for a favor, no matter what it is. We are here for you!
    Love and hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete