"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Day on the Balcony

Words from a handwritten journal on my last day on the balcony:

I am sitting on the balcony again on my last morning here at the beach. From my 8th floor "perch", I can see families, couples, "snowbirds" who live at the beach several months of the year, people walking their dogs, shell and sharks' teeth seekers, and an occasional person walking alone by the sea.

In about an hour, this relaxing and renewing time will be a wonderful memory as I return to the responsibilities that wait for me at home. But, I am grateful for this gift of time with Rob, and for the quiet moments that I have had to be still and feel Your presence. Help me to slow down in my everyday world so that I will hear Your voice as You lead me in the days ahead.

Psalm 16:7a - I will praise the Lord Who counsels me.

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths (make your paths straight).

Proverbs 2:3-5 - And if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.

Lord, I am trusting You, leaning on You, and acknowledging You as the one Who created everything and Who is in control of everything. Thank You for directing my path. I am calling out for insight and crying aloud for understanding.

Show me the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment