"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, December 29, 2011

From the Balcony...

On this 29th day of December, I am thinking about some verses in the 29th chapter of Jeremiah:

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Lord, I am so glad that You know the plans that You have for me. You didn't say that You think You know, or that You may know. Even though I don't know Your plan for this next chapter of my life, it is a comfort that You know.

Jeremiah 29:12 - Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.

Lord, I am calling on You, and coming to You, and praying to You. In this world, there is a lot more talking than listening. Thank You for listening and hearing my heart, even when I can't find the words.

Jeremiah 29:13 - You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

On this morning, I am sitting at a table on an 8th floor balcony which overlooks the ocean. As I listen to the crashing waves, I am overwhelmed by the majesty and magnitude of Your creation. And, from this balcony, I am seeking You with all my heart.

Jeremiah 29:14 - I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity.

Lord, am I in captivity? Have I created a prison for myself? Perhaps a prison of comfort and mediocrity? Have I limited Your plans for me by remaining in my self-constructed cell? If I have become comfortable in a prison cell, then I am ready to break free!

Psalm 142:7 - Set me free from my prison, that I may praise Your name.

Psalm 143:8 - Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul.

From this balcony, I have just watched six people riding on horseback by the ocean. What a beautiful sight! Five horses and riders stayed on the safe, dry sand. But, the horse that caught my attention was the one that danced in the ocean waves with abandon, free of fear.

Lord, help me to dance with abandon in the beauty of Your creation, free of fear. Just as the ocean is singing a majestic song to me on this morning, let my life be a song of praise to You.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Jill. Thanks for sharing your deepest thoughts and impressions. Love you!

    ReplyDelete