"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Vision

On this peaceful December morning, I feel nudged to share the thoughts that I have journaled. Perhaps sharing will help me as I walk through this new chapter of my life. And, just maybe someone else will be able to relate. Psalm 139 is my favorite chapter in the Bible. On this morning, it is on my heart.

Psalm 139: 5 - You hem me in - behind and before; You have laid Your hand upon me.

Lord, thank You for hemming me in with Your protection.

Psalm 139:9-10 - If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.

Lord, as I am writing, I am looking across the ocean to the horizon. As You well know, I lived on the far side of the sea in Germany for seven months of my life. Just as You guided me in Germany twenty years ago, I know that You are guiding me now. Even though my human eyes can only see a finite distance, You are all-seeing. Your vision is infinite. You are near-sighted and far-sighted. My aging, far-sighted eyes cannot compare to Your eyes that see everything, even before it is there.

Psalm 139:16 - All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.

Lord, You knew that I would be at the beach with my 19 year-old son on this beautiful, sunny day in December. As he is sleeping on this quiet morning, I am searching for what You have in store for me during this new chapter of my life. And, it is no surprise to You that I am searching. I want to serve You.
So, please show me what You have in mind for me. You already know that I have given up something that I have loved doing for 17 years. My hands, mind, and heart are open to serve You. I get very comfortable with the familiar. But, I know that You will reveal Your will in Your perfect timing if I will be quiet and listen. And, You already know that being quiet and still do not come naturally to me!

Psalm 139:23-24 - Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Take my life, lead me Lord;
Take my life, lead me Lord;
Make my life useful for Thee.

He leadeth me, He leadeth me;
By His own hand, He leadeth me.
His faithful follower I would be;
For by His hand, He leadeth me.

Lead me, Lord. And, give me eyes to see what You have for me during this time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment