"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, February 19, 2010

Purses and Verses

In a January posting, I mentioned the bosom purses that my mom makes to sell and to share with friends. Since some of you asked me about the purses, as well as the poem that accompanies them, I will share about that now.

I believe I wrote in the January posting that the bosom purses were made out of silk. They are actually made out of satin, and come in a variety of colors. Measuring about 2 inches by 3 inches, the purses have snap closures and attach to a bra or slip strap. Their purpose is to hold folding money in a concealed place.

As previously mentioned, a poem accompanies the bosom purses. After I wrote these verses at my mom's request (I do not claim to be Helen Steiner Rice :), a friend (I believe it may have been the famous Pat from our Sandra Sister adventure!) named the poem "Got Bosom?" Here goes:

Let me introduce myself
With this little verse;
Just in case you cannot tell,
I am a bosom purse.

I can hold your extra money
While at home or on a trip.
To get the maximum use of me,
Attach me to your bra or slip.

When you're heading out on a busy day,
Remember, before you depart,
To attach me to my special place
So I can stay very close to your heart.

Just as I have a special place,
You have a special place too,
In the heart of the one who crafted me,
And she wishes God's blessings on you.




No comments:

Post a Comment