"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Transparency

The following poem comes from the deepest recesses of my heart on this fourth day of radiation. There is always a risk involved when we are transparent. But, I am choosing to take that risk.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED?

What ever happened after giving our heart?
After saying "I do" 'til death do us part?

What ever happened to seeing it through?
To really meaning "I'll be with you", and "Forever I'll be true."?

What ever happened to growing old with you?
To make the promise last, what did I need to do?

I keep thinking the door will open, and there you will be,
Ready to keep the promise of spending your life with me.

As I travel through these days of pondering
how and when things started going wrong,
It becomes clear that, whatever the answer,
I must be brave and move on.

I am confident that God is with me,
And He'll show me what to do;
Whatever happens in the days ahead,
I know He will carry me through.

But, for now, there is still great sadness,
As I grieve for what has been lost;
A marriage, a home, a relationship,
And, I wonder....at what cost?





1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, Jill. The poem is beautiful because it is truly from your heart.

    ReplyDelete